Alhaji Ibrahim Adama
Research Scientist (Entomologist)
Phone (Mobile): +233277453610
Phone (Office): +233(3220)50410
Yahoo Messenger Id: pgadama60
Skype Id: ibradama
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Alhaji Ibrahim Adama attended Agona Ashanti Seventh Day Adventist Senior High School, and holds a Diploma in Horticulture, B.Sc. (Hons.) degree in Agriculture and M.Sc. Crop Protection (Entomology) from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.
He has varied research interests in the ecology of insect pests and their sustainable management. He is currently involved in the development of integrated management strategies for pests of vegetables (cabbage, lettuce, French bean, okra, pepper and eggplant), root and tuber crops (cassava and yam), legumes (cowpea and groundnut) and Cereal crops (maize and rice). He is also involved in the transfer of improved groundnut and cassava production technologies to farmers and termites control.
Alhaji Adama has participated in several national and international training courses and workshops in Africa (Ghana, Nigeria), Europe (The Netherlands) and Asia (Japan). He has good knowledge and experience in project management and writing of research proposals for funding
Alhaji Adama has the following affiliations:
Member Ghana Institute of Horticulturists (GhIH)
Member International Biochar Initiative (IBI)
Member of CSIR- Research Staff Association (RSA)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
1. Dankyi,A. A., M. Owusu-Akyaw, V. M. Anchirinah, J. Adu-Mensah, M. B. Mochiah, E. Moses, J. V. K. Afun, G. Bolfrey-Arku, K. Osei, S. Osei-Yeboah, I. Adama, J. Lamptey, H. Azot, R. L. Brandenburg, J. E. Bailey and D. L. Jordan 2005 Survey of Production and Pest Practices for Peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) in Selected Villages in Ghana, West Africa Peanut Science 32:2, 98-102.
2. Bolfrey-Arku, G., M. Owusu-Akyaw, J. V. K. Afun, J. Adu-Mensah, F. O. Anno-Nyako, E. Moses, K. Osei, S. Osei-Yeboah, M. B. Mochiah, I. Adama, A. A. Dankyi, R. L. Brandenburg, J. E. Bailey and D. L. Jordan (2006) Survey of Weed Management in Peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Fields in Southern Ghana, West Africa. Peanut Science: Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 90-96.
3. Owusu-Akyaw, M., J. V. K. Afun, M. B. Mochiah, J. Adu-Mensah, E. Moses, G. Bolfrey-Arku, K. Osei, S. Osei-Yeboah, A. A. Dankyi, I. Adama, R. L. Brandenburg, 2006 Survey and Management of Soil Arthropods in Peanut (Arachis hypogaea L. ) in Southern Ghana, West Africa, Peanut Science , 33:57-64.
4. K. Osei, M. Owusu-Akyaw, J.K. Twumasi, J.V.K. Afun, F.O. Anno-Nyako, J. Adu-Mensah, E. Moses, G. Bolfrey-Arku, S. Osei-Yeboah, M.B. Mochiah, I. Adama, A.A. Dankyi, R.L. Brandenburg, J.E. Bailey, and D.L. Jordan 2006 Incidence and Potential Host-Plant Resistance of Peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) to Plant Parasitic Nematodes in Southern Ghana Peanut Science, 32:91–97.
5. Yeboah, S. O., M Owusu-Akyaw, J. V. K., Afun, J Adu-Mensah, E. Moses, F. O. Anno-Nyako, K. Osei, G. Bolfrey-Arku, M. B. Mochiah, I. Adama, R. L. Brandenburg 2006 Potentials and Soil Problems of Groundnut Production in Three Ecological Zones of Ghana, Journal of University Science and Technology, Kumasi, in press:
6. Owusu-Akyaw, M., M. B. Mochiah, J. Adu-Mensah, I. Adama and B. W. Amoabeng 2009 The role of natural enemies in citrus plantations in Ghana. Ghana Journal of Horticulture, 7: 89 – 95.
7. Owusu-Akyaw, M., M. B. Mochiah, F.O. Anno-Nyako, G. Bolfrey-Arku, J.K. Twumasi, C. K. Osei, I. Adama, J. Adu-Mensah, P. Minta, J. V. K., Afun and H. Braimah 2007 Integrated practices to control pests and diseases of citrus in Ghana 59 pp.
8. Owusu-Akyaw, M., M. B. Mochiah, J.V.K. Afun, I. Adama and B. W. Amoabeng Pests and Pest Management. In The “SAWAH” System of Rice Production (Eds: M. M. Buri, R. N. Issaka and T. Wakatsuki). Pp. 86-98.